Policy version 25th March 2022
https://ashtoncarehome.com (our “Website”) is provided by The Ashton Care Home (“Hinckley Care Ltd”), a Limited Liability Partnership incorporated in England and Wales with company number OC404710 whose head office is at John Street, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 1UY trading as The Ashton Care Home (“Hinckley Care Ltd”) (The Ashton together/ “we” / “our” / “us“).
What information do we collect about you?
We collect personal data from you:
- directly, when you enter or send us information such as when you complete enquiry forms or by requesting that we send you marketing information via our Website.
- indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our Website (including but not limited to)
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, website errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our helpline.
The information we collect may include your name, email address, address/location and phone number. We will retain this information in accordance with our obligations under Data Protection Legislation.
Cookies are small text files that a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a Site or page. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognise your device the next time you visit. Web beacons or other similar files can also do the same thing. We use the term “cookies” in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
How does The Ashton Care Home (Hinckley Care Ltd) use this information?
We may use the information we receive and/or collect about you to (including but not limited to):
- fulfill our obligations under any contract we have entered into with you or with a person to whom we provide services at The Ashton Care Home (“Service User”) that you represent, and to provide you or the relevant Service User with information or services requested by you or the Service User;
- send you newsletters and marketing information if you have consented to us doing so via our Website;
- notify you of products and services that may interest you, or permit third parties to do so if you have provided the appropriate consent via our Website;
- monitor Website usage and provide statistics to third parties for the purposes of improving and developing our Website and the services we provide via our Website.
We process personal information via our Website for certain legitimate business interests (including but not limited to):
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our Website, services or communications;
- to identify and prevent fraud;
- to enhance the security of our network and information systems;
- to better understand how visitors interact with our Website;
- to administer our Website and carry out data analysis, troubleshooting and testing; and
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
If we obtain your consent to do so, we may provide your personal details to third parties so that they can contact you directly in respect of services which you may be interested in.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data via our Website at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent or prefer not to receive any of the above-mentioned information (or if you only want to receive certain information from us) please contact us via our Website at https://www.ashtoncarehome.com/contact/. Please note that by withdrawing your consent, this may affect our ability to carry out the above tasks for your benefit.
If you wish to have your information removed from our database or if you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, please let us know by clicking the “Unsubscribe” option in any email we send to you and providing the details requested or by contacting us via our Website at http://www.ashtoncare.com/contact-us/. We will take steps to ensure that this information is deleted as soon as reasonably practicable.
Third Party Sites
Our Website may contain hyperlinks or references to third party advertising and websites other than our Website. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party advertising or websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party advertising or website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third-party site and is at your own risk.
How do we keep your information secure?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Protecting your security and privacy is important to us and we make every effort to secure your information and maintain your confidentiality in accordance with Data Protection Legislation. Our Website is protected by various levels of security technology, which are designed to protect your information from any unauthorised or unlawful access, processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Who we share your information with
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. We may share your information with selected third parties (including but not limited to):
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you;
- third parties who may contact you in respect of services or products they offer or sell which may be of interest to you, provided we receive your consent to such disclosure; and/or advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
We may need to disclose your personal information where we:
- sell any or all of our business or assets or we buy another business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller;
- are under a legal duty to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or
- are required to disclose it to protect our rights, property or the safety of our Service Users or others, including the exchange of information with other companies, organisations and/or governmental bodies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your rights in respect of your information
If any of the information you provide to us via our Website changes, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make the necessary changes to the information we hold for you on our database. If you wish to make any changes to your information, please contact us via our Website at https://www.ashtoncarehome.com/contact/.
If you wish to access or rectify the information we hold about you, or request that such information be transmitted directly to another data controller, please contact us via the following webpage via our Website at https://www.ashtoncarehome.com/contact/. We shall process your request within one month of receipt, or we’ll let you know within that timeframe if we need more information from you. We will process your request free of charge.
To request that your information is deleted or if you wish to restrict or object to the processing of your information, please contact us via our Website at https://www.ashtoncarehome.com/contact/.
If you have any complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.
How to contact us
The Ashton Care Home
The Ashton Care Home
Tel: 01455 233 350